Saturday, January 31, 2009

Introducing: Solar Chef Deanna!

We bought a SOS Sport Solar Oven back in October. I just tried it out for the first time a couple of days ago by making some banana bread in muffin tins! Very fun and easy and tasty! Here are some pics for you to check it out:

Here they are about 20 minutes into the process:



A side view of the oven:



This is how they looked before I took them out:


And, voila! The final product! Little mini banana bread/muffin thingies! Tasty!



Cooking time was about 1.5 hours at about 215 degrees. I started at 11:30 and finished around 1:00 p.m.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

They look delicious! I wonder how long it would have taken here to bake them? Sunny, but outdoor temps are about 18ยบ...

BTW, I saw Sheila this weekend. Hadn't seen her since the 10 year reunion, except pics in your blog. This weekend I saw her in person and gave her a little squeeze!

kimmers said...

That is awesome! I want one of those for summertime when it's too hot to turn on the oven. :)

Trina J. said...

Good job! I've still got to try out mine. This gives me a little motivation; and now that they rain is done... ;)