Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Snips & Snails and Puppy Dog Tails....

"That's what little boys are made of..." or so the saying goes. Mine seem to just be made of pure 100% boy energy!!! How do I ever keep up? Discipline has been my main focus over the last three weeks. I have realized I have many problems to "un-do" that I have created by being inconsistent among other things. Although I have heard about "Love and Logic Parenting" a lot, I had never read the book until my friend Mandy Masters loaned me hers....and JUST IN TIME! I started using the methods immediately and they have made a huge difference! Let the natural consequences teach and discipline (insofar as possible) and present choices, show empathy for sad choices and try your BEST to not show negative emotions. It's not always easy...but it has made a big difference for me.

Ethan and McKay are best friends. McKay adores his big brother and often repeats his words and actions verbatim. Ummmmmm........hoping that is just a stage since I know that McKay is definitely a different boy than Ethan. Ethan is great, but McKay isn't Ethan. :)

We have enjoyed swimming lessons and swimming in our community pool, trips to the zoo, the play yard inside the mall, the Hall of Flame Firefighting museum (we have a family membership) and just running errands. They are always saying to me, "Mom, I wanna go somewhere!" Little did I know that I was passing on my tendency to not be able to just sit still and hang out when I was toting them around to do all my errands. Errands aren't so fun anymore now that I have THREE to tag along with me. :\

Anyway....here are some fun pictures of my boys drinking in the joys of life!

Click to play
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Deanna! I hope that you remember me *Ü* I am Tammy Harper (Hicks)!

It is so fun to see how you are and your cute family! I need to get that Love & Logic book, every year I think I am gonna take the course and I never do, but it sure would help me!

Good to see you!!

Kathy Slattengren said...

Parenting certainly has plenty of challenges and joys! I've never seen a SmileBox scrapbook before ... you did a great job capturing a fun day.

Stacy Householder said...

You're a great MOM! :) The boys are lucky to have you. I loved the slide show!! :)

I need to visit more often!!

Chris said...

So is better when there are two boys? My one is driving my wife nuts