Monday, January 21, 2008

Future Olympic Gold Medalist for Figure Skating 2026


This outing (Saturday, Jan 20, 2008) is definitely blog-worthy as it was our family's first attempt at ice skating! (Well, everyone except pregnant mommy Deanna...who was very sad she couldn't skate - I love it!) We took the boys to Arcadia Ice Arena in Phoenix for their first experience on ice! The first challenge was just getting the right size skates that would actually fit their feet...then forcing them on. That process probably took at least 20 to 30 minutes! Finally, they were ready to make their marks on the ice. (I have included some videos as well.) Once we got hold of a nifty PVC pipe "brace-like" thing for Ethan, he did pretty good! McKay just enjoyed hanging on Daddy's hands and being "pushed" along. Needless to say, it was a workout for Shawn. But a great memory maker! So, who knows??? Maybe Ethan will be a contender for the Gold in 2026! :)









1 comment:

Stacy Householder said...

Hahaha! I have been giggling as I've watched the videos! What a fun idea to take your kids to ice skate! I haven't done that in Y-E-A-R-S!!!! I'd have to learn all over again - I'd have to get my OWN PVC piping. :) Thanks for sharing! I love your blog! :)