Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unexpected pleasures

Today I took Ethan to his Gilbert Community "Active Kids Time" class which he loves and played with McKay at a nearby park while Ethan was in his class. After that, I asked Ethan if he would like to go to the library and look for some digger books. Of course, the answer was yes, so we headed over.

How unexpected and wonderful to find that the Gilbert Fire Dept. was there for a health fair and had one of their engines there for children to see and learn about! Since Ethan was a fireman for Halloween, this was a very welcome interest! We got to hear about all the controls and hoses, and axes and pumps and we all got to even sit inside the front of the engine! Cool! Ethan even wore a real honest-to-goodness fireman's hat! (Boy! Was it heavy!) McKay was quite content to just climb aboard and sit right down for a while and take it all in. The fireman even invited us to their station anytime we would like - with forewarning of course. I think we will definitely take him up on that!

I was so sad that I hadn't listened to the little (seemingly insignificant) prompting that I had before we left to take the camera with me! There would have been some great pictures!

I also realize it is past time to teach Ethan about 911 and help him learn our address and phone number! Get on it Mommy!

No comments: