Friday, January 11, 2008

"Mommy, did you take a nap?"

K, I had to write this one right away. I just finished posting my first entry on our new blog. Well, while I was working on it, Ethan woke up from his nap and wanted to watch a movie. I obliged him because I was working on this, but I also felt very tired. I told him I was going to take a nap. I put the movie on for him (Thumbelina) and then went to my computer to "wrap up" for later....but as usual, it sucked me back in!

Well, Ethan just came up to me and asked me "Mommy, did you take a nap?"

I laughed and said, "No, I didn't! I guess I needed you to put me in my bed and make sure I fell asleep huh!"

To which he replied, (as he stretches out his arms as far as they will go up and down,) "I can’t put you to bed because you are heavy! You are big…like this!"

I had to laugh! Ah….the honesty of a child. ;) So, maybe something like this will help me to catch moments like this. :)

2 comments:

Mandy Masters said...

As Bill Cosby say's "Kid's say the darndest things!" Maybee in this case you should have actually listened and went to "Study Lehi's dream as I like to call my naps!" That is too cute of your Ethan. :) This is really cool and I will look forward to reading it.

Trina J. said...

Great blog Deanna. I like the different page elements. Gives me some good ideas for mine! ;)